Over recent years, more so during the ongoing current climate, there has been a significant increase in remote work and virtual events. More and more companies are working from home and conducting their business virtually, because of this, the need for more efficient and engaging communication is also increasing.
Over the last two decades, the use of mobile phones has rapidly increased and more people are turning to their handheld devices to search the web, scroll on social media, and to communicate with those around them.
Therefore, the need for visual content is in extremely high demand as we find ourselves in a fast-paced world where goods and services are received almost instantly e.g. next day delivery on sites such as Amazon, 24/7 access to the internet, and instant connection to loved ones via Facetime, Skype, and other social media networks.
Visual content is an incredibly effective way to communicate through virtual channels and its importance is only expected to increase over the next few years.
Which is why, if your business is thinking of integrating more visuals into your digital marketing strategy, you should take a look at these statistics to see how it can prove to be advantageous to your brand:
- The human brain can process visuals up to 60,000 times faster than text
- Research shows that Facebook posts including images receive 12 x more engagement than those without
- Visual content supports Search Engine Optimisation – meaning that you can better optimise your images by including keywords in the alt-text and image tags!
- When information is visually presented, it is likely that the person will retain at least 65% of that information for up to three days
- 90% of all information transmitted to the brain is visual
- Infographics have had the biggest increase in usage among B2B marketers in the last four years
- Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than those without images
Check out this video to find out more:
However, a brand can invest its time and money in infographics, videos, animated memes/GIFs, images, and other types of content to successfully engage with their audience, but in order to truly reap the benefits of visual marketing, you must first understand how to effectively use it.
For more information on visuals or graphics, feel free to get in touch as we’d be delighted to hear from you!
If your business is in need of inspiration or content ideas to help grow your social media channels, click here.